Myths, Legends & Fairy Tales
Several types of stories fall into this genre:
- Fable – narration demonstrating a useful truth, especially in which animals speak as humans; legendary, supernatural tale
- Fairy tale – story about fairies or other magical creatures, usually for children
- Folklore – the songs, stories, myths, and proverbs of a people or "folk" as handed down by word of mouth
- Legend – story, sometimes of a national or folk hero, that has a basis in fact but also includes imaginative material
- Mythology – legend or traditional narrative, often based in part on historical events, that reveals human behavior and natural phenomena by its symbolism; often pertaining to the actions of the gods
Product Compare (0)
Aesop’s Fables is the title commonly given to a collection of several hundred fables that have come ..
Andersen’s Fairy Tales is a collection of eighteen stories that includes such classics as "The Littl..
Beowulf is the title of the oldest surviving epic poem of Old English and the first to be written in..
Grimm’s Fairy Tales is a collection of German fairy tales first published by brothers Jacob and Wilh..
The Golden Bough: A Study in Magic and Religion is a wide-ranging study of mythology and religion sp..
Showing 1 to 5 of 5 (1 Pages)